Creating Android Project
- Launch your Eclipse, if you haven't already.
- Click on File -> New -> Other... or simple press Ctrl + N on your keyboard.
- Toggle Android then select Android Project then click Next.
- Specify the following:
- Project name: HelloWorld
- Build Target: Android 2.1
- Application name: HelloApplication
- Package name: org.droidtutorials
- Create Activity: HelloActivity
- If you get this X mark on your project folder, do this extra step.
- Go to Project -> Properties.
- Click Apply, then click OK to close the Properties dialog.
- The X mark should be gone now.
- Click Run -> Run or simply press Ctrl + F11.
- Select Android Application then click OK.
- Wait for your emulator to initialize so your App will be installed and running. Below shows the stages that the emulator goes to before finally loading your HelloWorld application.
If you could notice, I have waited at least 3 minutes to finally see my app running on the emulator.
That's it for now. Next part, we will discuss the files of a default project.